Safer Gambling - v1.0 - November 14, 2022
It’s a game keep the limits!
In order to keep your engagement in gambling activities as a fun activity, you should be able to control how much time and money you spend for this activity. A player who gambles safely, perceives gambling as a form of entertainment, does not bet more than he can lose and fully understands how gambling works. Here you can find certain strategies and tips for safer gambling.
If you are concerned that gambling has had a negative impact on your life or someone else´s then the following questions may help you find out:
- Have you ever neglected study or work due to gambling?
- Do you gamble to pass time or because of boredom?
- Do you play alone, and for long periods of time?
- Have others ever criticized your gambling?
- Have you ever lost interest in family, friends or hobbies due to gambling?
- Has it ever happened to you to lie, steal or borrow money to cover gambling losses?
- Has it ever happened to you to lie, steal or borrow money for gambling?
- Are you reluctant to spend money allocated for gambling on other goals?
- Do you gamble until you lose all your money?
- After losing, do you feel the need to play as soon as possible to cover losses?
- Does gambling occur after arguments, frustrations or disappointments?
- Does gambling cause you depression or suicidal thoughts?
The more questions that you answer "yes" to, the more likely it is that you are having difficulties with your gambling. To speak with someone who can give you advice and support, please contact one of the organisations detailed below.